Saturday, August 29, 2009

Remember that time when I should have been packing?

With only 3 days left to pack everything, one would believe I would be staying home, packing like crazy. Instead, I am heading out of the country, across the friendly Canadian border to visit some family. My aunt knows someone who is performing in the Sound of Music and got tickets oh so long ago for my mom for Mother's Day. With the day here, it seems like it may only make my preparations more rushed and a bit more stressful, but in the end, I think will be nice to have relaxation time.

For most of this week I was in Ithaca visiting friends. It was so weird being on campus with everyone who had classes, homework to do, and naturally were quite busy, when I had nothing to do. No classes, no meetings, no homework. I spent my time reading a, so-far, fantastic book The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and wandering around campus hoping to run into someone I know. It was a bittersweet week, but I had a great time and was glad to see most of my friends. The weirdest part was when I actually found myself saying "I wish I had classes to go to..." when normally I would be saying "I wish I could be here but not have to go to class..." I guess I'm just never satisfied :P

No comments:

Post a Comment