Wednesday, September 2, 2009

T minus 6 hours

Today is the day. I'm in Boston staying with family friends, but in a short 6 hours I'll be sitting on a plane to go to Madrid. I'll arrive at 7 in the morning their time, though it will be more like 1 in the morning our time. Then I head off to Malaga for orientation and tours of the city. I'm going to be exhausted, but I'm so excited I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep on the plane. I will just have to do my best. I found out my seats for the planes and I'll have a window for the short leg from Madrid to Malaga, which will be nice to see the landscape as we take off and land. One of my first challenges in Malaga will be getting a taxi (let's hope my Spanish is comprehendable!) to the hotel we'll be staying at for a couple days. My mom took the iniciative to look up photos of the hotel, and though I don't have any to post, and at the moment I can't even think of it's name, it was absolutely gorgeous. There I'll meet up with other students, hopefully meet my roommate. I can't believe today has actually come. This semester is going to fly by so quickly, but will be a great experience.

¡Hasta mañana!

No comments:

Post a Comment