Monday, August 17, 2009

The Sold Project and a little bit of knitting


So today, the thermometer hit 90, or so I believe. I tried not to look at it and just go on my daily life as planned. Though I was supposed to be cleaning my room, or packing, I ended up starting a knit case for my iPod to protect it while traveling. Knitting isn't the first thing I thought I'd be doing on one of the warmest days of the summer, but with the fan set on high it was reasonably cool. I'm actually almost finished with it, maybe I'll post a photo when I'm done :)

Another thing I did today was attend my friend's "The Sold Project" Event, through which we learned of the human trafficking and prostitution that is occurring in Thailand. Don't be mistaken, this doesn't only happen in Thailand, but since Thailand is considered the sex tourism capital of the world, The Sold Project is focusing their efforts there. Through SOLD, children are receiving scholarships to keep them in school so they are kept from the uneducated life that often leads to prostitution. Women and children (girls and boys) are being used everyday. The big message tonight was that by working together we can raise money or help SOLD aid the children of Thailand so they are saved from the unpleasant fate of prostitution.

I'm no expert, so if you'd like to learn more go to: www.thesoldproject.org

No comments:

Post a Comment