Wednesday, November 11, 2009

La Vida Mia

I just want to make a quick update, I've been pretty busy, but feel like nothing is getting done. 

As far as school work, I have a test tomorrow in Flamenco class, them I'm off to Cadíz with my program for 2 days (not really school work... but school planned), and next week I have some rough drafts of research papers due and a test in my Translation class.  Eek!

On the not-so-studious side of things, I will be seeing a puppet show from South Africa on Sunday, which is geared towards adults and should be lots of fun! I have been meeting semi-regularly with a student of the Universidad de Granada, named Oresti, to practice Spanish, and so that he can practice English.  Our time together involves lots of miming and some confusion as we try and express ourselves in each language, but for the most part I think its helping. It's certainly making me think about my English as he asks questions like "What is the difference between 'heard' and 'listen'?" My friends and I have made ourselves regulars at a Mexican restaurant.  We go every Thursdays, which is 1 Euro Margarita night (making them cheaper than water!), and get either nachos, or tacos, or a chimichanga (which I'm not completely sure what it is, but Monique really likes it) and spend a few hours laughing and telling stories of our week.

Celia and I are making plans for our Germany and Poland trip in the beginning of December.  We will fly into Berlin, spend a couple days there, and then take an overnight train to Warsaw, spend a couple days there and return home.  I'm really excited to see Berlin and Warsaw, even though if given the option they wouldn't be my first choice of places to go.  We have the transportation booked, we just need to find a hotel or hostel to stay in and choose things we want to see.  I will update you as I know more :)

I've almost figured out what classes I'm taking next semester which is always a fun/stressful time as you sign onto the school's website and type in numbers as quick as possible, hoping not to get closed out of the perfect schedule you've spent more time creating in the past week than on homework. In the past 2 years I've had great luck with my schedule, but this time I got closed out of the American Sign Language course I was hoping to take, but am hoping maybe I'll be let in by some act of God.  It's notoriously impossible to get into, so I wasn't too surprised, but I'm not giving up yet.

I must be off to class, hope this update finds everyone at home healthy and well.

¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment